DFD SMART SET PHYSICAL
IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN, DON’T FORGET TO GET YOUR PHYSICAL!!!
What You Need to Do:
1. When calling to make an appointment for the Fire Fighter Exam call 303-338-4545
2. When scheduling the appointment advise them that you are scheduling the Fire Fighters Exam and identify yourself as a Denver Fire Fighter with Group # 00074
3. Please hold all questions specific to the Fire Fighters Exam until your appointment with the Physician. The call center employees are not trained to answer any clinical questions related to this exam.
4. Please keep in mind that a stress test may not be required depending on your overall general health. This will vary from member to member.
5. This Exam requires what is called a smart set of specific screenings; this appointment may feel just like a normal annual physical exam depending on your overall health. However, it is designed specifically for Fire Fighters and calls for additional screenings and labs tests, which include:
• Tests to monitor kidney and liver function, blood count, urine test
• EKG is to be done at least once for all firefighters
• Stress test is to be done on all moderate and high risk individuals every 5 years
6. Print out the Fire Fighters Exam brochure located on the Department homepage under downloadable forms or call me and I can email it to you directly. Cory DeBaere 720-236-8490